At ON2IT B.V., we consider the security of our systems a top priority. But however much we are committed to system security, vulnerabilities may still be present.
If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to be informed so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible and take the necessary measures to remedy the vulnerability. We would like to ask you to help us better protect our systems and, as a consequence, our clients.
What we want to ask you:
- Email your findings to email@example.com;
- Report the vulnerability as quickly as possible after its discovery;
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people’s data;
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved;
- Do not use attacks on physical security, to social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties. Also, avoid the following acts: installing malware, making changes to a system, copying, changing or deleting data in a system and using so called ‘brute force’ to access systems. Handle the knowledge on the security problem with care by not performing any acts other than those necessary to reveal the security problem;
- Make sure to provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we can resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
What we promise:
- We will respond to your report as soon as possible with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date;
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in relation to the report;
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and wel will not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission;
- Of course, you may use a pseudonym if preferred;
- We will keep you informed of the progress in solving the problem;
- ON2IT offers a reward as thanks for your help. Depending on the severity of the security problem and the quality of the report, the reward can vary from a T-shirt to an amount in Euros;
- We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible.