At ON2IT B.V., we consider the security of our systems a top priority. But no matter how much effort we put into system security, there can still be vulnerabilities present.
If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible so the necessary measures can be taken as quickly as possible to rectify the vulnerability. We would like to ask you to help us better protect our systems and with this our clients.
What we want to ask you:
- E-mail your findings to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Report the vulnerability as quickly as possible after its discovery;
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people’s data;
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved;
- Do not use attacks on physical security, to social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties. Avoid also the following acts: install malware, making changes to a system, copying, changing or deleting data in a system and using so called ‘brute force’ to access systems. Handle the knowledge on the security problem with care by not performing any acts other than those necessary to reveal the security problem;
- Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
What we promise:
- We will respond to your report as soon as possible with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date;
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report;
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission,
- Of course you are allowed to use a pseudonym when desired;
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem;
- ON2IT offers a reward as thanks for your help. Depending on the seriousness of the security problem and the quality of the report, the reward can vary from a t-shirt to an amount in euros;
- We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible.